ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ylan Segal" <y...@digiworks.tv>
Subject RE: Javadoc packagenames - asterisks are not allowed
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:58:53 GMT
Miros,
> packagenames
> A series of names of packages, separated by spaces, such as java.lang
> java.lang.reflect java.awt. You must separately specify each package you
> want to document. The Javadoc tool uses -sourcepath to look for these
> package names. The Javadoc tool does not recursively traverse subpackages.
> Wildcards such as asterisks (*) are not allowed.
No, it does not. But asterisks (*) are supported, if you specify a previous
portion of the packagename, for example:

com.*

will include packages:
com.mycompany
com.othercompany
com.mycompany.foo
com.mycompany.foo.bar
.... (I think you get it).

So... you only need to specifiy the top level name of the package, which in
my case I always know in advance (I only use tv.digiworks.* packages).

Hope this helps.

Ylan Segal.