ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ganyo <scott.ga...@eTapestry.com>
Subject File copy problem
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:11:26 GMT
Here's my problem, I wonder if there is an answer (aside from writing my own
task):

I have a hierarchy of projects.  Some of the projects have duplicate files.
I need to make sure that a given project can override its ancestor projects'
files even if the files are newer in the ancestor.  I would think this is a
common problem in complex builds.

The only way I've found to do this so far is to specify 'overwrite="yes"' on
all my copies.  This is horrible for performance, though, as some of my copy
operations move over a thousand files at a time.  It is a shame that the
copy task doesn't support the concept of "copy when different date (or
content)" instead of merely "copy when newer date"...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott