ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Cody <paul.c...@lucida.com>
Subject RE: Compiling files 1 at a time
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:36:50 GMT

> Also, what exactly do you mean by "continuous integration"?

Every time someone checks in new code, fire off a build.  See
[http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net]

> > never gets anything unless the build succeeds (a full
> compile from Perforce)
> > and all Junit tests succeed.  But we have only about 750
> sourcefiles, much
> > smaller than your situation.  Asking your development tool
> (ant) to do a
> > transitive closure compilation function seems equivalent to
> an implicit need
> > for a more modular project structure.
>
> Also, what exactly do you mean by "transitive closure
> compilation function"?

If you consider the set of java files as nodes and the class dependencies
between them as edges (thus forming a graph) and a starting point(s),
finding the maximum number of files that will compile based on traversal of
the class dependencies could be considered "transitive closure".  Perhaps
I'm using the term loosely however.

Paul