ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Cody <paul.c...@lucida.com>
Subject RE: Compiling files 1 at a time
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:26:48 GMT

> It's not really compile time that is the problem, but the rather
> inefficient developement cycle: You compile few files and fix
> few errors
> rather than compile lots of files and fix the errors without need to
> recompile every singel fil and its (possibly) changed dependencies.

I really wouldn't sweat it:  Java is not C, it's far easier for a compiler
to emit bytecode than object code.  Consequently, compile times are much
smaller.  Additionally, there's no reason *not* to be using jikes.  If you
are not using it yet, download it now and report back if your compile times
are still an issue.

(Also gotta give it up to Intel for the Pentium 4, it's damn fast)

Paul