ant-user mailing list archives

From "Atluri, Vamsi NYC" <VAtl...@citco.com>
Subject RE: ANT Capability
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:51:15 GMT
Agreed - And yes that is something that i would want to do once the
application is fully developed.

right now the application is broken up into units - eg. project\db

\security

\util
etc...

But the thing is that - The project is not fully developed and there are
many dependencies between java files - We are in a rapid development mode at
the current time - And my developers would like to do builds at any given
point - So if they add a new java file the can compile all the working units
at any point in time. I understand that there is the includes option
available - But is there any way that i can create a text file - comma
delimitted, or spaces or new lines for each piece of code - This file could
be maintained by each individual developer and read in by the ant script -
That way there is not alot of work invovled when compiling

Basically

ant -buildfile build.xml filelist.txt

"$1" would be the a file in the filelist getting parsed into the build.xml

-- contents -- build.xml

    <target name="compile">
        <!-- Compile the java code from ${src} into ${build} -->
        <javac srcdir="$1" destdir="${buildCore}"/>
    </target>

Thanks,
VA