ant-user mailing list archives

From "Atluri, Vamsi NYC" <VAtl...@citco.com>
Subject RE: Compiling files 1 at a time
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:56:40 GMT
I am pretty new to ANT - I would think you could just exclude the files you
dont want to compile - Allowing you to compile only one file at a time -
Tedious - But it would solve the problem

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Franz [mailto:paulfranz@email.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 8:52 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Compiling files 1 at a time

I just checked the source code for Ant (v1.3.1) and it looks like it gathers
the collection of files together and then passes the whole collection on to
the compiler. I was wondering if there was work-around or whatever that
would allow me to have the files compiled 1 at a time. Therefore if there
was an error as much of the system would compile as possible. Currently if I
get a single error the whole build has to be thrown out the window. Since it
is un-usable. I am thinking to switch to Ant from my make-based system to
solve the above. But currently, it looks like Ant will not solve my problem
and I will need to create my own Javac compiler wrapper.

Paul Franz