ant-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bernard <ebern...@digitalthink.com>
Subject Getting Local interfaces into an EJB using <ejbjar>
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 00:39:29 GMT
Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I have several EJBs that use local interfaces as prescribed by the J2EE (a
link to the tutorial explanation:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial/1_3-fcs/doc/EJBConcepts6.html#62983).

In my build file, I use the following:

    <ejbjar srcdir="${opel.build}"
            descriptordir="${opel.build}"
            classpath="${opel.classpath}"
            naming="ejb-name"
            manifest="${opel.home}/MANIFEST.MF"
            flatdestdir="true">
      <weblogic destdir="${opel.release}"
                keepgeneric="false"
		rebuild="false"
                wlclasspath="${wls.classpath};${opel.build}"
                noEJBC="${opel.noejbc}"
                newCMP="false">
      </weblogic>
      <dtd publicId="-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans
2.0//EN"
           location="${opel.home}/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd"/>
      <include name="**/ejb-jar.xml"/>
      <exclude name="**/*weblogic*.xml"/>
    </ejbjar>

With this, it generates the EJBs but does not include the Local interfaces
in the corresponding jar.  The only way that I can get this to work is using
the nested <support> element to include these classes, but since this target
iterates to create all EJBs it "bloats" every EJB jar with unnecessary Local
interface classes.

I'm currently using Ant 1.4.1 and I've tried using Ant 1.5 builds to do the
same, but 1.5 actually attempts to include extraneous support classes in the
EJB jar.  This, again, is bloating since I create a support classes jar file
which contains all pertinent support classes any EJB may need to reference.

The local interfaces are declared correctly in the deployment descriptors
(both generic and Weblogic-specific).  So, my assumption is that the task
should be "smart" enough to include the local interface classes pertinent to
the EJB jar it's creating during this step.

Does anybody have any ideas on this?

Cheers!
Eddie