ant-user mailing list archives

From Eddie Bernard <ebern...@digitalthink.com>
Subject RE: Howto: add an entry in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF using ejbjar?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:47:15 GMT
Funny, I spent countless hours on this same problem several weeks ago.

It turns out that Ant has a default manifest that it uses if lieu of a user
specified manifest.  What I found from the Java specs as well is that the
"Manifest-Version" attribute is a mandatory entry.  I'm not certain, but
this may be the source of your problem.

Nonetheless, what I ended up doing is creating a template manifest and used
the token <replace> task to generate a manifest.  Using <ejbjar> and the
"manifest=.../path_to_my_manifest/MANIFEST.MF"" worked for me.

It's not the most elegant solution, but it does work.

FWIW- Ant 1.5 (I'm not sure if Ant 1.4.1 does) has a nested element
<manifest> which would be extremely useful if it were part of <ejbjar>.  As
of now, I don't believe it is and it would be great if someone with more
Java expertise than myself could add it ;).

Cheers!
Eddie

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Collins [mailto:scollins@bea.com]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 6:17 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Howto: add an entry in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF using ejbjar?

How do I add an entry in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF using ejbjar?

I get this if I use the <support> tag.

[ejbjar] WARNING: IOException while adding entry META-INF/MANIFEST.MF to
jarfile from /vobs/mybea_is/app/ejbs/agent/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
java.util.zip.ZipException-duplicate entry: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

it does not merge my entries so.....

I need to add a Class-Path: entry.

Much appreciated, Steve

--