ant-user mailing list archives

From Donald Mitchell <Donald.Mitch...@peregrine.com>
Subject RE: Getting build succeed/fail information even when failonerror= false
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:12:22 GMT
Zhendi,

I don't think the "failonerror=false" is doing what you think it is.  By
setting it to "false", you are instructing Ant to continue with the "build"
even if the javac task fails.  You are not telling javac to continue
compiling source until all of the errors are shown.  In other words,
failonerror instructs the javac task to always return success back to Ant
(even if the compile failed) so Ant can continue with the next task in your
build process.

As far as I know this no option to Sun's javac compiler to tell it to show
all of the errors it finds.  It usually bails out after finds a certain
amount of them.  Maybe jikes or some other compiler supports this behavior.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhendi Su [mailto:rachael.su@oracle.com]
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 2:09 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Getting build succeed/fail information even when
failonerror=false

Hi,

I am using javac to compile java files.  In order to get all the
compilation errors I have to specify "failonerror=false" in my javac
task.  Then everytime I get "Build succeeded" at the end even though
there are compilation errors.  I wonder if there's a way for me to know
if the compilation succeeded even when failonerror=false and ant gives
me "Build succeeded" at the end. .

Thanks a lot!

Zhendi Su