ant-user mailing list archives

From Donald Mitchell <Donald.Mitch...@peregrine.com>
Subject RE: Line numbers in exception stack trace
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 17:53:18 GMT
set the "debug" property of the javac task to "on" and you'll get the line
numbers.  For example:

	<property name="comp.debug" value="on"/>

      <javac srcdir="${src}"
         destdir="${build}"
         includes="${comp.dirs}"
         debug="${comp.debug}"
         failonerror="${comp.failonerror}"
         deprecation="${comp.deprecation}">
         <classpath refid="compile.classpath"/>
      </javac>

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hurcomb [mailto:david.hurcomb@viewgate.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 9:40 AM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Line numbers in exception stack trace

Hello

When I build my code manually using javac and jar and run using java I get
line numbers in exception stack traces, however I get an "Unknown Source"
message when I repeat the build using ant.  I have narrowed this down to
being in the compile target command as opposed to the jar target.

I'm sure there is a very simple explanation for this so I will not go into
detail about my build.xml file.  I would be very grateful if someone could
provide an explanation as to why I may be having this problem.  Thanks in
advance

example of a stack trace showing this problem:

     [java] openLogFile: File error java.io.FileNotFoundException:
null/datastore/logs/datastore.log.020206 (No such file or directory)
     [java] java.io.FileNotFoundException:
null/datastore/logs/datastore.log.020206 (No such file or directory)
     [java]     at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
     [java]     at
java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:100)
     [java]     at java.io.FileWriter.<init>(FileWriter.java:52)
     [java]     at com.viewgate.validator.share.Logger.openLogFile(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at com.viewgate.validator.datastore.Datastore.<init>(Unknown