ant-user mailing list archives

From Phil Surette <psure...@espial.com>
Subject RE: Wars and filesets....
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 21:14:11 GMT

    </copy>

Then use the filtered war file in your war.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Derricutt [mailto:mark@talios.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 3:26 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Wars and filesets....

Two questions,

as part of my build, I want to to make two war files, that are exactly the
same, except for the contents of 1-2 files.  The first one is my web.xml
file.

I want to build two wars which have different servlet init params, now, I
could do with this having two web.xml files, and using each in the
respective call, but would rather have one web.xml, that I could store a
${property} in, and have that expanded and -then- stored in the war file.
Is this possible?

The other file is my log4j properties, I have three files,
log4j-qa.properties, log4j-release.properties, log4j-devel.properties.
These have various settings for the different logging settings we want, in
each of my targets (localqa, qa, release) I set a property "log4j.props" to
the filename to be used in each.  In the dist target, I copy ${log4j.props}
to "log4j.properties" and include that in the war file, however, sometimes
I'm noticing its not copying properly, is it possible to have some kind of
"include-file-as" feature?  If I could do the above web.xml expansion this
wouldn't be a problem, as I could set the init parameters to {$log4j.props}.

????

Mark

                                   -- \m/ --
  "...if I seem super human I have been misunderstood." (c) Dream Theater
          mark@talios.com - ICQ: 1934853 JID: talios@myjabber.net