ant-user mailing list archives

From Phil Surette <psure...@espial.com>
Subject RE: Where is Antidote? - try emacs for now
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 14:12:22 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 5:41 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Where is Antidote? - try emacs for now

>> I'm not a DTD expert... can you do something like this:
>> <!ATTLIST javac
>> 	debug %boolean | "${javac.debug}"; #IMPLIED
>. etc.>
>>
>. (the above does not work directly, I don't know how to
>> escape dollar signs and curly braces in DTDs)

>No, you can't.  The individual items of enumerated attributes in DTDs
>have to follow the "NMTOKEN production", which means they must not use
>any character except those listed at
><http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210#NT-NameChar>.  $, { and }
>are not legal, so the only thing you can do is to relax the attribute
>to be of type CDATA.

According to 'XML in a nutshell', you could use the NOTATION type in
your ATTLIST, e.g.

<!NOTATION javacdebug SYSTEM "${javac.debug}">
<!NOTATION yes SYSTEM "yes">
<!NOTATION no SYSTEM "no">
<!ATTLIST javac type NOTATION (yes | no | javacdebug) #REQUIRED>

although, it also says "...in practice no common software actually supports
this scheme..."

So I guess I will suffer. I will check out what Intellij offers.