ant-user mailing list archives

From Tim Clark <Tim.cl...@ams-ltd.demon.co.uk>
Subject How to use more than one compiler during build of a project?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:02:35 GMT
Hi

I am probably misunderstanding the way that an ant build works, but here
goes.

I wish to use both the 'modern' compiler and the 'jikes' compiler for
different targets (don't ask why - it's necessary due to some problems with
both :).

However, it only seems to be possible to set a property (in this case
build.compiler) once, so as soon as I set it (to one of the above values)
its stays that way, ignoring the <property> task that tries to change it.

The documentation and the source Property.java indicates that it is because
the property is a 'user' property. or because it is a property in the
project object.

What is this about?

Does all this mean that I have to write a new javac (subclassing the
existing one) just to do this simple thing?

Regards