ant-user mailing list archives

From Jay Riddell <...@theriddells.org>
Subject RE: Calling Ant from Java: An example please ?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 01:07:15 GMT
Yes, that would be an option . . . but a more time-intensive option than
I was hoping for ;-)
-----

Also, Mark asked why didn't I just call the compiler (instead of Ant)?
Because I am trying to write cross-platform code and I was planning
on using Ant as my "cross-platform compiler".

-----

Unless significant effort is put in to add explanatory text
(such as the truly useful Log4j javadocs), the Javadocs alone cannot
tell you what to do.  I have seen Project.createTask().  However,
it seems to be yet-another-possible path . . . as the path that I
nearly-arbitrarily chose is another path.  However, without
GUIDANCE or a Working Example, it is difficult to pick the best path
to accomplish what I need.

(Not meaning to sound . . . belligerent, just frustrated.  I was excited to
see the API and just frustrated that I can't figure out how to use it.)

Also, I have no real ties to the way I am doing it now; since it doesn't
work, I'd be stupid to be wedded to it.  Just looking for a method that will
work.

-----
This is what I am doing right now:

(Quoting from an earlier email):

Here is the java code that I have written that attempts
to compile a "Hello, world" java file:
http://home.attbi.com/~theriddells/CompileIt.java

And here are the results that I get:
http://home.attbi.com/~theriddells/results.txt

(Note: The code has been updated to show that I have
       added the Project.init() called...to no avail.)

-----