ant-user mailing list archives

From David Hurcomb <david.hurc...@viewgate.com>
Subject Line numbers in exception stack trace
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 17:39:59 GMT
Hello

When I build my code manually using javac and jar and run using java I get
line numbers in exception stack traces, however I get an "Unknown Source"
message when I repeat the build using ant.  I have narrowed this down to
being in the compile target command as opposed to the jar target.

I'm sure there is a very simple explanation for this so I will not go into
detail about my build.xml file.  I would be very grateful if someone could
provide an explanation as to why I may be having this problem.  Thanks in
advance

example of a stack trace showing this problem:

     [java] openLogFile: File error java.io.FileNotFoundException:
null/datastore/logs/datastore.log.020206 (No such file or directory)
     [java] java.io.FileNotFoundException:
null/datastore/logs/datastore.log.020206 (No such file or directory)
     [java]     at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
     [java]     at
java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:100)
     [java]     at java.io.FileWriter.<init>(FileWriter.java:52)
     [java]     at com.viewgate.validator.share.Logger.openLogFile(Unknown
Source)
     [java]     at com.viewgate.validator.datastore.Datastore.<init>(Unknown