ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kaufman <michael.kauf...@bea.com>
Subject Setting environment variables for a javac task
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 19:01:23 GMT

Hi,

I need to have a single ant target do multiple javac tasks, some of which
use JDK 1.4, others that use JDK 1.3.  Setting the "build.compiler" property
did not seem to work for me.  Moreover, it isn't clear to me what this
build.compiler setting is really doing.

An alternative way to accomplish my goal is if I can set my PATH and my
JAVA_HOME environment variables explicitly for each javac task.  I
understand that the "exec" tag supports enclosed "env" tags, but it isn't
clear to me how to get a "javac" task to use alternate environment
variables.

If someone can tell me how I can do this, I would really appreciate it!!!

My apologies if this issue has been raised before.  I checked the mailing
list archive and online docs and didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks!

Mike Kaufman