ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dowd, Brian" <bd...@lehman.COM>
Subject RE: ejbjar task and manifest.mf
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:36:17 GMT
Thanks for that Eddie, I was actually doing as you say (at least for all of
the
WARS and the EAR), .... ultimately my problem was that the <EJBJAR> task
documentation does not actually specify that it supports the "manifest"
element
in any way ..... Although I eventually did just try it anyway.

Cheers.
Brian.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Bernard [mailto:ebernard@digitalthink.com]
Sent: 20 February 2002 16:32
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: RE: ejbjar task and manifest.mf

Brian-

There are several threads very recently about this (one of which I started
several months ago):

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=101114295329626&w=2

What I ended up doing is creating a template manifest file and use it in all
of my EJBs and enterprise archives.

Here's a snippet of the target I use to create the EJBs which uses the
template manifest:

    <ejbjar srcdir="${opel.build}"
            descriptordir="${opel.build}"
            classpath="${opel.classpath}"
            naming="ejb-name"
            manifest="${opel.home}/MANIFEST.MF"
            flatdestdir="true">
      <weblogic destdir="${opel.release}"
                keepgeneric="false"
                rebuild="false"
                wlclasspath="${wls.classpath};${opel.build}"
                noEJBC="${opel.noejbc}"
                newCMP="false">
      </weblogic>
      <dtd publicId="-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise JavaBeans
2.0//
EN"
           location="${opel.home}/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd"/>
      <support dir="${opel.build}"
               includes="**/Local*.class"/>
      <include name="**/ejb-jar.xml"/>
      <exclude name="**/*weblogic*.xml"/>
    </ejbjar>

The template manifest has the "Class-Path" attribute needed for the EJBs and
enterprise archives to function properly once deployed.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
Eddie