ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lister, Tom (ANTS)" <tom.lis...@ants.co.uk>
Subject RE: problem with exec task
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:07:56 GMT
Hi
you need run run cmd as
     <echo message="copy from ${vss_web}"/>
     <exec dir="${basedir}\.." executable="cmd.exe" >
        <arg line="/c"/>
        <arg line="xcopy/r"/>
        <arg line="${vss_web}\*.jsp"/>
        <arg line=" *.jsp "/>
    </exec>

-----Original Message-----
From: Rubun Tang [mailto:rtang@algorithmics.com]
Sent: 26 February 2002 17:45
To: Ant Users List (E-mail)
Subject: problem with exec task

the exec task is acting very weird, I think it actually is a bug.

let say you have this target:

<target name="foo">
	<exec dir="${another_dir} executable="run.bat"/>
</target>

Although I have a run.bat in ${another_dir},  I will still get

 Execute failed: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: run.bat error=2

However if I put an empty "run.bat" in the directory I execute safari, the
exec task will run as expected. Has anyone reported this bug yet?

Cheers,
Rubun Tang
Associate Software Engineer
Algorithmics Inc.
____________________
rtang@algorithmics.com
416.217.4460

This email message contains confidential information for the above addressee only.  If you
are not the intended addressee you must not disclose or use the information in any manner
whatsoever.

Any opinion or views contained in this email message are those of the sender, do not represent
those of the Company in any way and reliance should not be placed upon its contents.

Unless otherwise stated this email message is not intended to be contractually binding.  Where
an Agreement exists between our respective companies and there is conflict between the contents
of this email message and the Agreement then the terms of that Agreement shall prevail.

Abbey National Treasury Services plc. Registered in England. Registered Office:  Abbey House,
Baker Street, London NW1 6XL.  Company Registration No: 2338548.  Regulated by the FSA