ant-user mailing list archives

From "Broderick, Kevin" <kevin.broder...@iona.com>
Subject RE: How to warn when jar-file in classpath does not exist?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 13:41:40 GMT
Hi,
Ant has an "available" task that you could use to check that
your jar file is where you want it to be. You could use this
with an if or unless to follow a certain path of execution.
Cheers,
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Monsorno [mailto:monsorno@gmx.de]
Sent: 14 February 2002 13:24
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How to warn when jar-file in classpath does not exist?

Hi *,

I have the following problem: I add a jar-file to the classpath I use
for compiling like this:

  <path id="project.compile.path">
    <pathelement location="${global.module.dir}/bla.jar" />
  </path>

If the jar-file does not exist in this place, ant removes it quietly
from the classpath it handles over to the java compiler. Even with -v
there is no error message printed.

Is this the desired behaviour? Can I make ant print a warning message
to the screen in case the file does not exist? Or must I check the
file myself?

--
Martin Monsorno
mailto:monsorno@gmx.de