ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <>
Subject Re: Add contents of multiple JARs to a Jar?
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 02:02:22 GMT

On Thursday, February 28, 2002, at 05:18  PM, Bill Lynch wrote:

>> Why not just use the quick and dirty approach?  Make a temp
>> directory, unjar the jars into it and then make a new jar and then
>> blow away the temp directory?  Even with huge jars it won't really
>> take that long on a reasonable machine.
> That's definitely one way to do it -- I was just looking for something
> a little more elegant. I think I might modify the zipfileset code to
> make this work for multiple jars.

I had thought someone was working to make the src attribute of
zipfileset a fileset itself.  Would that solve your problem?  (It would
certainly solve one of mine!)

I am looking forward to the next major release with some glee.

> From: Stefan Bodewig <>
> Date: Thu Feb 14, 2002  07:48:51  AM US/Pacific
> Subject: Re: Expanding a list of jars
> Basically, [Brian Deitte] adds a nested element that allows you to
> specify the sources for <zipfileset>s as filesets, thus making <jlink>
> obsolete.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message