ant-user mailing list archives

From Mike Sexter <Mike.Sex...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Clean up on task failure
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 00:18:57 GMT
This is a general question, not specific to the 'sql' task. Basically I'm looking for suggestions
on the easiest way to implement an task or target error handler. In other words, I have a
couple of targets that invoke an 'exec' task. If a particular task fails, I may need to do
some clean-up before exiting the build script.

One solution is to write a task subclass that overrides the 'execute()' method, catches 'BuildException',
calls the specified error handler and then rethrows the exception. Not too complicated but
I'm sure someone out there has come up with a technique to handle this situation within the
build script itself. Perhaps a clever combination of dependencies and property setting. If
so, I'd like to hear about it.

                                    - Mike

Mike Sexter
(650)633-8603