ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject Re: Ant, SAX Parser and Internationalization
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:26:55 GMT
At 15:48 18/02/2002 -0500, Smiley, Paul wrote:
>I hope that someone else out there has run across this:
>
><?xml version="1.0"  ?>
><project name="Wenæø" default="CompileDBO" basedir="C:/Wenæø">
></project>
>The parser seems to be choking on the Danish characters æø. I am using the
>Xerces parser bundled with xalan-j_2_2_D13 and Apache Ant 1.4.1. Any ideas?

Yep. Those Danish characters are not part of UTF-8 so the parser is barfing
on them.

There are three possible solutions

-- Encode those characters correctly for UTF-8 (UTF-8 only matches ASCII
for #32 to #127)
-- Switch to a different encoding that supports the Danish characters directly
-- Don't use Danish characters at all

Hope this helps,
Bevan.

--
"Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"

Bevan Arps (<mailto:bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz>bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz)
Senior OO Analyst, ACT Financial Systems

This communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views and
opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).