ant-user mailing list archives

From Bevan Arps <bevan.a...@actfs.co.nz>
Subject RE: exec on windows NT
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 20:33:48 GMT
At 17:58 5/02/2002 +0530, Sujan Digumarti wrote:
>The build script i used is like this
>
><target name="one">
><exec dir="c:\ant\bin" executable="ant" >
><arg value="-version" />
></exec>
></target>
>
>ant.bat is present inside the directory c:\ant\bin
>i tried the variation ant.bat it gives me the same error.

The problem here is that .bat files aren't actually executable - they're
"scripts" that need to be run by command.com (Win 9.x/ME) or cmd.com
(NT/2000/XP).

I forget the exact syntax, but you need to execute a commandline something
like this:

cmd /c ant.bat

Read the help for cmd.exe on your system, and search the archives of this
list (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&r=1&w=2) for more
information - this question has come up many times before.

Hope this helps,
Bevan.

--
"Programming is an Art Form that Fights Back"

Bevan Arps (<mailto:bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz>bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz)
Senior OO Analyst, ACT Financial Systems

This communication  is confidential  to ACT  Financial  Systems  (Asia
Pacific)  and is intended for  use only by the  addressee.   The  views and
opinions  expressed in  this email  are the senders  own and do not
Pacific).