ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Strange depend behavior
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 00:08:29 GMT
Hi, all.

I was trying to build a jar that contained other jars with 1.4.1.
Until the src for a zipfileset is a fileset itself, I unjar things
manually.  In this case, I unjar every jar I will need into my output
directory before compiling additional classes.

Since these other jars are also used in the depend classpath, depend
decided that the .class files I just dumped in there are out of date
with respect to their source jars, and thus deleted them.

This surprised me a mite until I looked at the file dates.  It seems
reasonable, as these class files _are_ dated earlier than the jars they
came from.

This will be fixed by the new jar which uses a fileset for the src
attribute, so I am not all that concerned, but I was a bit surprised.

Scott