ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <>
Subject New release (was Expanding a list of jars)
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 23:05:02 GMT

On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 02:34  PM, Scott Ellsworth wrote:
> On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 01:15  PM, Scott Ellsworth wrote:
>> /Users/work/Documents/coding/isis/source/products/first.jar,../products/
>> second.jar
> On further reading of the manual, I am presuming this is because
> neither an unzip task nor a zipfileset in a zip task understand a comma
> separated list of files as the source.

And further reading of the archives shows that the version in cvs had
this functionality added after 1.4.1 was locked down through the use of
nested file sets in unjar.  (See "Quick question" and "Fileset support
for unjar/unwar/unzip" for the grungy details.

Is there any hope that we will see a new ANT release any time soon?  I
always feel nervous putting a beta at a client site, but they need this
functionality by one means or another, and nested filesets at least seem
to solve it.

(Apologies for posting three times on the same topic - I had thought
that I had researched it fairly completely the first time, then found a
solution, then found the reason for the solution not working without
using the nightly build.)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message