ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Derricutt <m...@talios.com>
Subject Path properties...
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:21:28 GMT
Hi, in my build.xml I define a path that contains some <fileset /> elements
to pick up a series of jars in a directory.

I'm also storing this into a <property /> so that it can be passed down
into sub-ant projects called with <ant /> so as to share the project
compile path.

However, the problem I have, is that I'm building say 10 or so sub
projects, each of these sub projects build jar files, and put them into the
directory that would be picked up by the above <fileset />.  However, on a
clean checkout, there are no files in this path, and what I want to do is
have the path evaluated and stored in the property after each sub-build has
compleated, to pick up the new jars, is this possible?

Current my script looks like:

        <path id = "plugins.library.path">
		<pathelement location="${install.dir}/jedit.jar" />
		<pathelement path="." />
		<fileset dir="${plugins.dir}">
			<include name="*.jar" />
		</fileset>
		<fileset dir="${library.dir}">
			<include name="*.jar" />
		</fileset>
	</path>
	<property name="plugins.library.path" refid="plugins.library.path"/>

	<target name="dist">

		<ant dir="plugins/Console" />
		<ant dir="plugins/CommonControls" />
		<ant dir="plugins/ErrorList" />

		<ant dir="plugins/EditorScheme" />
		<ant dir="plugins/XML" />
		<ant dir="plugins/JBrowse" />
		<ant dir="plugins/FTP" />
		<ant dir="plugins/IRC" />
		<ant dir="plugins/TaskList" />
		<ant dir="plugins/JCompiler" />
		<ant dir="plugins/jEditCvs" />
		<ant dir="plugins/JDiffPlugin" />
		<ant dir="plugins/CodeAid" />
		<ant dir="plugins/AntFarm" />

	</target>

                                    -- \m/ --
  "...if I seem super human I have been misunderstood." (c) Dream Theater
         mark@talios.com - ICQ: 1934853 JID: talios@myjabber.net