ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael J McGonagle <fnd...@rcnchicago.com>
Subject Re: Is there a difference between...
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 07:31:43 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> The second case is equivalent to
>
> > ant subTarget1 subTarget2
>
> which in turn is equivalent to
>
> > ant subTarget1
> > ant subTarget2

Thanks, this is exactly the syntax that I was trying to encapsulate.
Basically, I am trying to create targets that are the minimal action for
a particular task, and then string them together on the command line. I
was hoping to mimick what I was typing on the command line. I was partly
doing this as there are intermediate files that are created between many
of these tasks that would be hard to gather up into a 'clean' task. I
want to be able to delete them so as not to clutter up a projects
directory.