ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Burton" <bi...@progress.com>
Subject Re: background
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 00:11:15 GMT
Hello,

Sujan Digumarti wrote:

> by using the exec task and passing the executable as startWebLogic.sh .
> i 've tried passing the argument "&" by doing &amp; so that the script runs
> in the background .. but the control doesn't come back to ant .. will
> checkout the parallel task..

The <parallel> task won't help if you want Ant to exit after starting WL.
That usage is more appropriate for starting WL, running some tests, etc.
and then shutting it down all from within a single Ant target.

If you want Ant to start WL (or other process) on UNIX an then exit
without being blocked, see my posting in the archives at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=100621497023872&w=2.  It also
provides a way to run the process with nohup so logging out won't kill it.

Hope this helps,
-Bill