ant-user mailing list archives

From Zhendi Su <rachael...@oracle.com>
Subject Could not create JAVA virtual machine
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 02:48:08 GMT
Hi,

I need to use the apply task to run a system command which precompiles
jsp pages (kinda like weblogic).  When I run the command on the command
line it was fine, but when I called it within Ant it told me "Could not
create Java virtual machine."  Anybody ever had a similar error?

My task is implemented as follows:

<apply executable="/sh/bin" >
 <arg line="ojspc -addclasspath ${MY_PATH} -srcdir=${SRC_DIR} -d
classes" />
<fileset dir="my_dir" />
</apply>

Basically ojspc utility will precompiles files under my_dir into
servlets and then compile the servlets into java classes.  If I typed
ojspc -addclasspath ${MY_PATH} -srcdir=${SRC_DIR} -d classes my_dir

at the command line everything works fine.  But once I switched to ant,
I get this "Could not create Java virtual machine" error.  Anyone knows
what could be the reason?  Thanks a lot!

Zhendi Su