ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Re: Expanding a list of jars
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:27:13 GMT

On Thursday, February 14, 2002, at 12:03  PM, Magesh Umasankar wrote:

> From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
>> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Scott Ellsworth <scott@alodar.com> wrote:
>>> I have a multi stage build using ANT 1.4.1.  Each stage produces a
>>> jar containing the complete product of that stage.  We want to
>>> combine the results of several of those stages to build a final jar
>>> for customer deployment containing everything in the various earlier
>>> jars.
>>
>> Can <jlink> help you here?

I suspect the upcoming support will be a better fit when it comes, and I
can live with my workaround until then.

>> You've already seen that Ant's CVS version will have a way to help
>> you, and it will probably even go further than that as soon as Brian
>> Deitte's patches to Zip have made it into CVS (archive must have been
>> down when he sent them, as I cannot find them).  Basically, he adds a
>> nested element that allows you to specify the sources for
>> <zipfileset>s as filesets, thus making <jlink> obsolete.

Any chance that we could add a "quiet" flag to it that would keep it
from barfing if the fileset is empty?  I can get around it either way,
but it would be nice to have it elegant for my application.

E.g.

<property name="jar.extra.zip1" value="first.jar"/>
<property name="jar.extra.zip2" />

<fileset id=zipfiles>
   <file name="jar.extra.zip1"/>
   <file name="jar.extra.zip2"/>
</fileset>

<jar
   jarfile="product.jar"
   basedir="${compile.classes}"
   <zipfileset src=zipfiles quiet="true"/>
</jar>

should work, as filesets are allowed to have empty things in them,
IIRC.  Will it fail silently if someone sends an empty fileset, and if
not, is a flag to request that appropriate?

Scott