ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Derricutt <m...@talios.com>
Subject RE: Calling Ant from Java: An example please ?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 05:42:24 GMT
Hmmmm, and the lack of cross platformability is where?  As long as you have
tools.jar on your class path, load the load com.sun.tools.javac.Main and
work with it.

I've never done it myself, but I'm just looking at the JEdit JCompiler
plugin code which does it, doesn't seem to hard.  And I'm guessing the Ant
<javac/> task code does something similiar as well...

--On Wednesday, February 13, 2002 17:07:15 -0800 Jay Riddell
<jay@theriddells.org> wrote:

> Also, Mark asked why didn't I just call the compiler (instead of Ant)?
> Because I am trying to write cross-platform code and I was planning
> on using Ant as my "cross-platform compiler".

                                    -- \m/ --
  "...if I seem super human I have been misunderstood." (c) Dream Theater
         mark@talios.com - ICQ: 1934853 JID: talios@myjabber.net