ant-user mailing list archives

From Tariq Zamrawi <>
Subject question2
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 16:21:39 GMT
thanks stephan
i know that ant handles target dependencies, not the java file
when i run the build file ant give me error
because he cant see some one of the package
so how can i tell ant to take in the his consedration when he compile the
these package...

-----Original Message-----
From: stephan beal []
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 4:17 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: important qustion

On Thursday 07 February 2002 16:09 pm, you wrote:
> im try to compile are very big project using ANT
> but there is one problem i dont understand why ANT
> can dont see the indepedancy of the classes
> what i have to do if i want to compile some classes
> and this classes are depends to anther classess
> are there any sloution to make ant work as Java VM

javac itself should handle any source dependencies correctly. You may not
that they are compiled, but look at your dependent class files after running

a build, and you may find that javac has silently recompiled them for you.
Ant apparently only handles target dependencies, not java file dependencies.

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy -
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
"If one is innocent until proven guilty, why is President Bush allowed
to promote 'preemptive behaviour' against other countries?"

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>