ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: use <replace/> to replace token with file contents
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:02:30 GMT
--- "Hunter, Bryan" <Bryan.Hunter@OmniChoice.com> wrote:
> I need to replace a token in a text file with the contents of another
> text file.
>
> Is there an Ant provided task for this (<replace/> doesn't allow this)
> or does anyone know of an add-on task that could accomplish this?
>
> I'm trying not to have to write a custom task myself if I can reuse what
> someone else already has.

There's the new <loadfile> task, which loads a property with the contents
of a given file -- so you could load the "another text file" into a
property, then use that property as the replacement value.

Don't know if the task is autonomous (ie., doesn't require any other
latest-CVS stuff), but if it is, you could just pick up that class file
and <taskdef> it to use it, if you want to stick with using a release.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)