ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Compiling files 1 at a time
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:06:07 GMT
--- Charles Hudak <CHudak@arrowheadgrp.com> wrote:
> In a typical 8 hour day this means that you are compiling more than 30
> times an hour or about once every 2 minutes. Perhaps you should try to
> write more than 2 minutes worth of code before you recompile? 8^)

You've obviously never been around any really hyper people. I've known
developers who essentially use the compiler as a syntax checker -- they
get the basic logic in, then compile, fix, compile, fix, compile, fix,
compile... and they've been known to complain when the compile (ie., the
build process to do the compile) went to four seconds when it used to be
really fast :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)