ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Setting environment variables for a javac task
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:55:13 GMT
--- Mike Kaufman <mike.kaufman@bea.com> wrote:
> > I need to have a single ant target do multiple javac tasks,
> > some of which use JDK 1.4, others that use JDK 1.3.  Setting
> > the "build.compiler" property did not seem to work for me.

I think you'd need to break your single target into separate targets --
one for the 1.3 stuff and one for the 1.4 -- then use <antcall>, passing
build.compiler (or maybe java.home? -- I only have 1.3 and jikes, so I
can't say for sure) as a <param>.

> > Moreover, it isn't clear to me what this build.compiler
> > setting is really doing.

build.compiler says which compiler to use -- see the choices on the Javac
page in the doc.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)