ant-user mailing list archives

From Owen Corpening <owencorpen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: trouble getting ant1.4.1 to work
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 21:52:34 GMT

 try unsetting classpath, I don't have it set at all and ant works fine with everything set
the way your other stuff is
  bobnsandy@rpa.net wrote:
Hi:
I'm new to the group.
I am having trouble getting ant 1.4.1 working on my PC. Can someone help?
I have downloaded the jakarta-ant-1.4.1 zip file and unzipped it into d:\
I have set:
set ANT_HOME=d:\ant1.4.1
set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.3.1_01
set path=%path%;%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%ANT_HOME%\bin (in my autoexec.bat)
set classpath=%classpath%;%ANT_HOME%\lib\*.jar (in the current command shell)

when I type: ant -version on the command line, I get:
Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:org/apache/tools/ant/Main

I am using Windoze 98 on an Athalon Thunderbird processor. The mystery is that,

when I try this at work on Windows NT 4.0/Pentium III, I have no trouble. Any
thoughts? Thanks.

----- End forwarded message -----