ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: doing a build with multiple directories
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 06:53:57 GMT
--- "Rosemarie Hannan (Financial IQ)" <RosemarieH@fin-soft.co.za> wrote:
> I am trying to do a build that will compile multilpe classes which sit
> in multple directories, jar them and then copy them to a release
> directory so that it is ready for deployment. How do I do this? - as I
> have tired listing each one of the folders separately or alternatively
> list each main folder and include the sub directories via the "includes"
> command, but I have not had much success.

Since what you are trying to do is the most basic type of process for Ant
to be used for, you'll need to include a bit more information than just
saying you've "not had much success". In what way doesn't it succeed for
you?

If you want all your subdirectories included in the compile, from a single
target within a single top-level buildfile, you shouldn't need to list any
of them, but simply point 'srcdir' to the directory where your package
hierarchy starts.

> I also need the classes in the directories to reference
> another jar file that contain api.

See the Javac task description in the manual for information on adding
classpath elements.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)