ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: <ant> task does not run the build.xml with new basedir correctly
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 21:20:41 GMT
--- Lev Zak <lev.zak@schema.com> wrote:
> When I run "ant release" under d:\dir_1 , I receive the following:
[snip]
>                 basedir    = D:\dir_2
>                 configDir  = D:\dir_1/config
[snip]
> I expect to receive the following:

[snip]
> because a "basedir" changed to "d:\dir_2"
> What I missed?

Once you've set configDir in proj1, the property will stay at that value
unless you either override it with a nested <property> in your <ant> task
(ie., <property name="configDir" value="${releasedir}/config"/>), or set
'inheritAll="no"' and set the property in your proj2 buildfile. Which way
you choose to do it depends on what you intend for your proj2, whether you
expect to run it independent of proj1, and if any targets you intend to
run directly from it reference ${configDir}.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)