ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: test environment variable and if statement
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 02:17:10 GMT
--- Erik Hatcher <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:
> Ignore the shell/bat script troll....
>
> Ok, from an environment variable:
>
>     <property environment="env"/>
>     <path id="classpath">
>       <pathelement location="${env.HELPER_JAR}"/>
>     </path>
>
> Better?  No <condition>, no shell script (well, ok, ant.bat/.sh) , nice
> and simple.

But you don't really want to rely on environment variables that are just
(supposedly) set, do you?  IMO, that's even scarier than hard-coding full
paths in the build-file (which I'm also not altogether for, but it's
better than going with env vars -- unless they're set in a file somewhere
that's source-controlled).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)