ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Huey <stephenh...@yahoo.com>
Subject skipping javac task
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 21:51:19 GMT
I have successfully used Ant to build simple projects.
 However, with this project, either it skips over the
javac task entirely (b/c it can't find the java files,
I guess), or else it screams at me when I try to more
explicitly tell it what to compile.

Here's my relevant code:

<project name="ParkingWithCheckout" default="dist"
basedir="c:/clients/fouroaks">

<!-- current directory should be fouroaks  -->
<property name="build" value="." />
<property name="src" value="${build}/parking" />

<!-- <property name="build.compiler" value="jikes"/>
-->

<!-- set global properties for this build -->
<target name="init">
<!-- Create the time stamp -->
<tstamp/>
</target>

<target name="compile" depends="init">
<!-- Compile the java code from ${src} into the same
directories and make jar file-->
<javac  srcdir="c:/clients/fouroaks/parking"
classpath="c:/clients" >
	<include name="**/*.java"/>
</javac>
<jar jarfile="${build}/fouroaks.jar"
basedir="${build}/parking"
manifest="${build}/parking.mf" includes="**/*.class"/>

</target>

This is a very large project, and it successfully
compiles outside of Ant, so I don't know what's wrong.
 We've tried so many different things, and have been
working on this off and on for about a week.  We've
tried using the includes attribute to compile a
uiTenantFrame.java file and hopefully find all the
files that it's dependent on (and so not compile
everything in that directory if it doesn't need to).
However, it screams on that one, too.  How do we tell
it to explicitly compile a certain file (and then have
it automatically pay attention to only those other
java files that it needs to)?  Thanks!