ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Derricutt <m...@talios.com>
Subject Ant + CVS - fail build on errors...
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:18:04 GMT
As part of my qa release target, I'm using <cvs/> to tag my source code
with the timestamp, only, if various files are modified in the source base,
cvs will fail to tag and exit, is it possible to get ant to recognise this
failure and abort the build process?  I dont want the release to actually
be made unless the cvs tag was 100% successful.

I'm using the following in my build.xml:

	<target name="cvstag" depends="init">
		<cvs command="tag -c -F jtime-${DSTAMP}" />
	</target>

Looking at the online ant manual, I see:

    error  the file to direct standard error from the command.  No,
    default error to ANT Log as MSG_WARN

Is it possible to get it to do errors ans MSG_ERROR (I'm guessing this
constant?).

                                   -- \m/ --
  "...if I seem super human I have been misunderstood." (c) Dream Theater
          mark@talios.com - ICQ: 1934853 JID: talios@myjabber.net