ant-user mailing list archives

From bobnsa...@rpa.net
Subject Re: Fwd: trouble getting ant1.4.1 to work
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 22:30:10 GMT
Thanks for the help.
I found out what the problem was.  setting classpath=%ANT_HOME%\lib\*.jar did
not work. I had to list them all seperatly, ie:
set classpath=%classpath%;%ANT_HOME%\lib\crimson.jar;%ANT_HOME%\lib\jaxp.jar
Tedious, no?
Can someone answer this?  On Java 2 platforms, I've read that you can just
collect your jar files in JDK_HOME\jre\lib\ext.  The JVM looks there each time
it runs.  It would be better than having a mile-long classpath.  The
instructions for installing ant caution against doing this with ant.jar, saying
that ant is an application.  Would it be considered good practice to add jar
files to JDK_HOME\jre\lib\ext provided they are NOT applications?