ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Expanding a list of jars
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 21:15:54 GMT
Hi, all.

I have a multi stage build using ANT 1.4.1.  Each stage produces a jar
containing the complete product of that stage.  We want to combine the
results of several of those stages to build a final jar for customer
deployment containing everything in the various earlier jars.

For a number of reasons, I am only allowed one property to specify the
list of things to extract, but that property can contain the data in any
human-readable format that ANT likes.  Currently, I have it in a comma
separated list of jars with source directories like filesets appear to
like.

Here is an example property:
<property name="jar.extra.zip"
value="${build.productdir}/first.jar,${build.productdir}/second.jar"/>

Here is the task:
   <target name="bundle-zip" if="jar.extra.zip">
     <unzip src="${jar.extra.zip}" dest="${compile.classes}" />
   </target>

When run, I get the error
/Users/work/Documents/coding/isis/source/pov_genetrove/build.xml:72:
Error while expanding
/Users/work/Documents/coding/isis/source/products/first.jar,../products/second.
jar

One alternative that I am not quite clear on: the zipfileset.

My jar task currently says:
   <target name="jar-no-manifest">
     <mkdir dir="${jar.dist}"/>
     <jar
       jarfile="${jar.dist}/${jar.baseName}-${DSTAMP}.jar"
       basedir="${compile.classes}"
       compress="${jar.compress}"
     />
   </target>

I thought I could I skip the entire unzip step by adding:
       compress="${jar.compress}"
       <zipfileset src="${jar.extra.zip}" includes="**/*"
/>

to the jar step, but then I got the essentially identical error
/Users/work/Documents/coding/isis/source/pov_genetrove/build.xml:82:
Problem creating jar:
/Users/work/Documents/coding/isis/source/products/first.jar,../products/second.
jar (No such file or directory)

Should I be going about this differently?

Scott