ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: names of files compiled
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:16:23 GMT
No, you have to roll your own. I did it in a quick and dirty fashion by
starting the Javac compiler myself from a Java class (using reflection),
hooking up a FilterOutputStream to System.err, and filtering all verbose
messages starting with the opening squared bracket '[' except those followed
by a 'parsed ' string. That way, you see which files are compiled by Javac,
explicitly *and* implicitly. But all this is completely outside of ANT, and
not too pretty (my code I mean).

I'm sure ANT can tell you which files it recompiles explicitly (these are
just the out-of-date files of the fileset), but to get at the implicitly
compiled files, you would have to do something similar to the filtering of
verbose messages I did. Hopefully ANT expert can tell you how to get the
explicitly compiled files somehow. (looking for out-of-date in the see of
up-to-date in ant -debug is not easy!).

Thinking about it, I'm not sure you would have implicitly compiled files
with ANT, since all out-of-date files should be detected automatically.
Files are compiled implicitly by the Javac compiler when you use the
-sourcepath argument to javac.exe only, I guess.

Hopefully this answered a little bit your question. --DD