ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: TelnetTask and Windows Telnet
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:28:40 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Duncan McNaught" <mcnaught@bea.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 07:40
Subject: TelnetTask and Windows Telnet

> Has anyone succesfully used the optional TelnetTask with Windows Telnet?
> It just hangs or times out for me at the read command: <read>C</read>
> It doesn't seem to say anywhere in the docs/manuals/javadoc whether it
only
> works for unix telnet servers.
> Thanks
> --Duncan

I've just added a line to the documentation:

To use this task against the WinNT telnet service, you need to configure the
service to use
classic authentication rather than NTLM negotiated authentication. This can
be done in the Telnet Server Admin app: select "display/change registry
settings", then "NTLM", then set the value of NTLM to 1.