ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin van Wieringen <mwier...@spd.estec.esa.nl>
Subject RE: W2000 SP1 Delete of directory fails
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:01:59 GMT
Hi,

> all again. The
> >task can take 2 days on the server before it is finished.
>
> Can't you refactor that? There must be some way to break down
> a 2 day task.

It takes the server 2 days to do the task. Appart from buying a faster
server there is no way to speed things up.

> (Or is the two day part because of the directory locking?)

The directory locking just makes it very difficult to develop and compile
the java program. Each time it locks I cannot compile the application using
ant. For now I found a workarround that I just copy the class files to a
new directory and continue working from there. Until it locks that
directory then I move to another one etc etc..

> >Which servicepack on windows 2000 are you running?
>
> 2.

OK, so no hope on a servicepack fixing this.

Greetings,

Martin van Wieringen