ant-user mailing list archives

From "Bill Winspur" <bwins...@wynnon.com>
Subject javadoc assigning the class of parameters to the wrong package
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:49:23 GMT
I am using the javadoc task:

 <target name="docs" depends="comp">
  <mkdir dir="${unp.dir}/docs"/>
  <javadoc
   sourcepath="${src.dir}/java"
   destdir="${unp.dir}/docs"
   packagenames="${pkglist}"
   classpath="C:/orion/orion.jar"
   windowtitle="${libname} API" doctitle="${libname}"
  />
 </target>

The sourcepath contains a set of java sources in my package. For some reason, where I have
method parameters of class javax.servlet.http.ServletRequest, they are documented as being
members of my package, NOT members of javax.servlet.http. This kind of erroroneous generated
documentation also applies to other library classes not in my package. I think these bad doc
problems are caused by my not having the library for my webserver (orion.jar) in the javadoc
classpath (javadoc is complaining that javax.servlet and javax.servlet.http are not present
in the import).

However, my immediate problem is that the above <javadoc> tag does not insert orion.jar
into the javadoc classpath, as revealed by the verbose execution option. Cut, pasted and justified
for legibility, the ant-generated javadoc command args from the above tag look like this:

 [javadoc] Javadoc args:
 C:\jdk1.3.1_01\jre\..\bin\javadoc.exe
 -d F:\swd\jLibTrees\httpObjectTunnel\unp\docs
 -windowtitle "httpObjectTunnel API"
 -doctitle httpObjectTunnel
 -classpath
  C:\jdk1.3.1_01\lib\tools.jar;
  C:\jakarta-ant-1.4.1\lib\wynnon-ant.jar;
  C:\jakarta-ant-1.4.1\lib\optional.jar;
  C:\jakarta-ant-1.4.1\lib\junit.jar;
  C:\jakarta-ant-1.4.1\lib\jaxp.jar;
  C:\jakarta-ant-1.4.1\lib\jakarta-ant-1.4.1-optional.jar;
  C:\jakarta-ant-1.4.1\lib\crimson.jar;
  C:\jakarta-ant-1.4.1\lib\ant.jar
 -sourcepath F:\swd\jLibTrees\httpObjectTunnel\src\java
 -version
 -author com.wynnon.httpTunnel

Can anyone suggest why orion.jar has not made it to the javadocs -classspath argument from
my <javadoc> tag ?

I'm running ant 1.4.1, nt4 sp6, jdk 1.3.1....

Thanks In Advance

Bill.