ant-user mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <>
Subject Re: Expanding a list of jars
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:03:24 GMT
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <>

> On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Scott Ellsworth <> wrote:
> > I have a multi stage build using ANT 1.4.1.  Each stage produces a
> > jar containing the complete product of that stage.  We want to
> > combine the results of several of those stages to build a final jar
> > for customer deployment containing everything in the various earlier
> > jars.
> Can <jlink> help you here?
> You've already seen that Ant's CVS version will have a way to help
> you, and it will probably even go further than that as soon as Brian
> Deitte's patches to Zip have made it into CVS (archive must have been
> down when he sent them, as I cannot find them).  Basically, he adds a
> nested element that allows you to specify the sources for
> <zipfileset>s as filesets, thus making <jlink> obsolete.

Brian has also posted it as an ER at

I had asked Brian if he would be able to do two things:

1.  Add a flag to support backwards compatibility.
2.  If it was possible for him to address

Brian had said he would be able to supply a patch
to ensure backwards compatibility.  With regards
to the second question, I haven't heard back from

So, I am just waiting...  Eventually, if I don't
hear back from him, I would dive in and patch it
up.  But till then...

> Stefan

*  I have one share in corporate Earth, and        *
*  I am nervous about the management. -E.B. White  *

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message