ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dimitriy Trifonov" <d_trifo...@prosyst.bg>
Subject is there an API to get a build file from an instance of Project
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:06:10 GMT
Hi all.
I'm trying to use the ANT API to automatically generate or modify a build.xml
I load the file in a Project, then add some Targets. Is the a way to get the new buld file
without writing an iterator over the Project?
Suppose that I have the following code :

import org.apache.tools.ant.*;
import java.io.File;

public class TestANTProject {

  private static String buildFile = "D:\\TestFiles\\aa\\build.xml";

  public static void main(String[] arg) {
    File file = new File(buildFile);
    Project project = new Project();
    project.init();
    ProjectHelper.configureProject(project, file);
    Target targ = new Target();
    targ.setName("newTarget");
    //add some tasks to targ
    project.addTarget(targ);
  }

}

Can I get the modified xml, or I have to add the new targets into the xml?
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Dima

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?
ProSyst Bulgaria LTD      Dimitriy Trifonov,
48 "Vladajska" Str.,         Project Manager
1606 Sofia, Bulgaria        Phone (+359 2) 952 35 82\123
http://www.prosyst.com   mailto:d_trifonov@prosyst.bg
Leading Software Technology for Open Service Gateways