ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Official Logo Poll Results
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:12:18 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: "ant-dev" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Cc: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2002 3:08 AM
Subject: Official Logo Poll Results

> Out of a total of 3,385 votes, the top 5 are:

<snip>

I think it would be worthwhile to extend praise and gratitude to everyone
who submitted a picture. They were all pretty good, with lots of interesting
interpretations of the Ant theme; the broad spread of votes showed that many
different designs appealed to many different people.

The popularity of submissions also shows that there are a lot of people
willing to contribute the project in the ways that they can, and that is
always to be appreciated. Remember, even if you dont want to work on the
source, the documentation and web site is also a product of the ant
community, and we all value improvements in those areas too. Dont just think
that you have to post code to contribute.

> And Conor's ASCII entry deserves mention as it is the only logo you can
> actually put in a build file!
>     http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/images/conor_ascii.gif

I think it needs to be commented out to avoid errors. We dont want any
'conors artwork creates a build error' bugreps. Maybe I should file the
first one so we can mark the rest up as duplicates.

I also think we could add conor's logo to the end of the -projecthelp query.
Or perhaps we show a happy ant or a dead ant as a build status thing, as an
optional 'AntLogoListener'.

-Steve